In an effort to recap the Pine Mountain’s 2018 Annual Membership Meeting to everyone who was unable to make it…
The meeting opened with a moment of silence to send prayers to families who have lost loved ones and send healing prayers to those in need.
2018-06-09 Monthly – Annual Membership Meeting
- The Board provided a copy of FY 2017-2018 Board Actions to all members indicating the concerns of the members throughout FY 2017-2018. This document shows in the left column the Members Concerns and the Board Actions in the right column.
- Annual reports were provided by all Committee Chairs present.
- The Election Outcome was announced – FY 2018-2019 Board Members. Based on the number of votes determined the number of years each member would be seated on the Board – to restart staggering elections:
- Hal Abernathy, 2-years
- Gary Cooke, 1-year
- John Horton, 2-years
- Valerie Kratzer, 3-years
- David Lankford, 1-year
- Wanda Merical, 3-years
- Edie Stitt, 3-years
- The Board voted on Officers the the new year:
- President: Wanda Merical
- Vice-President: David Lankford
- Secretary: Edie Stitt
- Treasurer: John Horton
- Committees were cleared to start fresh for FY 2018-2019.
- Closed out FY 2017-2018
Closed Board meeting – Opened Annual Membership Meeting
- Establish New Committees: No one person can be Chair of more than one committee. Each committee requires a minimum of 3 persons. Suggest combining Welcome, Recreation and Publicity Committees to form one Committee called: Social Committee.
- Committee Sign-up sheet was passed around.
- If you wish to sign-up for a Committee – please contact the Board
- To view the Committee Sign-up sheet, click FY 2018-2019 Committee Sign-Up Sheet.
- Communication: How to improve? This was opened to the floor for discussion.
- Use Phonevite more (majority present approved)
- Use Bulletin Board more
- Member’s Concerns, Questions & Comments: (26 Members in Attendance)
- Real Estate Committee: Review lots that can be combined/conjoined to create a lot(s) that would entice sales.
- Post Agenda’s 2-3 days before meetings
- Clean out old books/files
- Identify delenquencies
- Roads – do more preventive maintenance
- Entrance to Pine Mountain: Clean-up the area, fill-in potholes, suggested removing the zig-zag rock wall and repurposing the rocks to decorate the Gate House and gate areas. (Wall removal vote: 12 yes; 3 no)
- Front Entrance to Pine Mountain: Clean-up ponds and remove dead trees along the road sides.
- Suggestion: Donate a Tree in memory of a loved one.
- Remove weeds
- Wards Gap Rd and Entrance: Clear sight to oncoming traffic
- Create a Beautification Committee: Received 12 votes
- Put a lien on 2nd Tee
- Fees/Fines: What can be done to correct neighbor’s property?
- Schedule a Collection for residential lot clean-up of wood for chipping – want an annual schedule so members know in advance.
- Find a solution to Members not being allowed telephone land lines.
Next Board Meeting July 14, 10am, POA Office