Each Committee will have a minimum of 3 members. The Committee will elect a Chair… except in the case of the Budget Committee – the Chair will be the Board Treasurer.
Under the guidance of the Pine Mountain By-Laws, we have 6 Standing Committees:
- Nominations Committee: Shall have the duties and functions described in Article VIII of the Pine Mountain By-Laws.
- Construction and Maintenance Committee: Shall advise the Board of Directors on all matters pertaining to the construction, maintenance, repair or improvement of the Common Properties of the Association and shall perform such other functions as the Board, in its discretion, determine.
- Environmental Control Committee: Shall have the duties and functions described in Part 4 of the Declaration and other provisions thereof. It shall be alert for any proposals, programs, or activities which may adversely affect the residential value and integrity of the Pine Mountain Properties and shall advise the Board of Directors regarding Association action on such matters.
- Audit Committee: Shall supervise the annual audit of the Association’s books, and approve the annual budget and balance sheet statement to be presented to the membership at its regular annual meeting as provided in Article XI, Section 8. The treasurer shall be an ex-officio member of the Committee.
- Recreation Committee: Shall advise the Board of Directors on all matters pertaining to the Recreational Programs and Activities of the Association, and shall perform such other functions as the Board, in its discretion, determine. (See change below.)
- Publicity Committee: Shall inform members of all activities and functions of the Association and shall, after consulting the Board of Directors, make such public releases and announcements as are in the best interest of the Association. (See change below.)
Some of the following sub-committees were not created or identified in the Pine Mountain By-Laws, it can only be assumed these committees became necessary to help the Pine Mountain Office when personnel positions were cut from the budget and required as per North Carolina General Statutes.
- Adjudicatory Committee
- Adopt-a-Highway Committee
- Budget Committee
- By-Laws, Covenants & Restrictions Committee
- Election Committee
- Emergency & Security Committee
- Firewise Community Committee
- Golf Committee
- Real Estate Committee
- Welcome Committee, Recreation Committee and the Publicity Committee has been officially joined together, as of June 2018. All three committees provide events and make announcements to all members of Pine Mountain. This will allow complete communication and coordination of all official events.
If you are a Pine Mountain Member and wish to participate on any Committee, please notify either the Board of Directors or the Committee of your interest to assist.